This qualification is for learners who want to start a career in the hospitality industry in professional cookery. It is an ideal qualification for learners intending to progress to direct employment in professional cookery or to a hospitality Apprenticeship.
Who Should Attend?
Students who want to pursue their careers in professional cooking can select this course to learn professional skills of cooking.
A professional cook is responsible for meal planning and preparation, as well as the supervision of other cooks, if any, in restaurants and in other businesses where food is prepared and served. Other duties include ordering food supplies, hiring workers and ensuring that health and sanitation regulations are followed.
- Working in the Hospitality Industry
- Kitchen Operations
- Prepare and Cook Stocks, Soups and Sauces
- Prepare and Cook Fruit and Vegetable Dishes
- Prepare and Cook Meat, Poultry and Offal Dishes
- Prepare and Cook Fish and Shellfish Dishes
- Prepare and Cook Rice, Pasta, Grain and Egg Dishes
- Produce Hot and Cold Desserts
- Produce Pastry Products
- Provide a Professional Kitchen Service