BASIC IT POWER PACK (ITPP) 2020-21
ITPP provides strong foundation to students in the computer world. ITPP is very important and timely addition in NICON’s courses family. This course provides basic knowledge of computer fundamentals including operating system. In addition to this, it also enables the students to perform most of the home/ office tasks by using MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point. Accordingly, keeping in mind the increasing usage of social utilities, this course is specially designed to equip the students with the tools & techniques which enable them to perform most of their home / office tasks. Furthermore, enabling them to enjoy the fun of social networking (sharing your data, messages, pictures, videos etc.) with friends, family & others through most popular social networking programs.
Course Contents & Benefits
ITPP is a complete package providing a comprehensive solution to perform most of the daily routine tasks through computer.
- Fundamentals Concepts: Provides basic knowledge of computers, their types, components, software and hardware etc.
- Operating System: To control computer’s tasks & manages system resources to optimize performance.
- MS Word: To produce documents at home and work e.g. letters, applications, assignments typing etc.
- MS Excel: To create spreadsheets and workbooks e.g. calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables etc.
- MS PowerPoint: To create exciting slide show presentations.
- YouTube: To search, watch or upload your videos and share with friends, family and the world.
- One Drive: To bring your photos, documents and videos from anywhere and share them easily.
- E-mail: For sending / receiving E-mails to your friends & family also for official work etc.
- Facebook: To remain in touch with your friends & family through social utility.
- Picasa: To work with pictures e.g. editing and easy sharing with friends and family.
- TeamViewer: To connect with your computer remotely from anywhere and access your data.
- Internet: For web browsing, internet surfing and searching information from the internet.
- OLX: To buy or sell different products and services through FREE online web portal.
- Paint: To draw basic designs, paintings etc. and working with colors.
- Photo Scape: is a graphics editing program, developed by MOOII Tech, Korea.
- E-mail: messages can be distributed by electronic means to one or more computer users via a network.
Blog: is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries.
Office 365 is one of the subscription service plans in the new MS Office. This productivity software (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access, Skype, for Business) is Installed on your desktop or laptop Computer. It is a user-based service that allows people to access the Office programs on their PCs, Macs and on their mobile devices. Unlike traditional Office installations which were tied to the computer where they were installed, Office 365 can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. NICON provides login ID for Office 365 so that students could use Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint online from anywhere and anytime.
- MS OneNote: Microsoft OneNote is a computer program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration.
- MS Outlook: Outlook is a web-based suite of webmail, contacts, tasks, and calendaring services from Microsoft.
- Skype of Business: Start chatting via Skype. Search for contacts & set up group chats on the go. Add audio or video to your chats, or share your screen.
- OneDrive for Business: gives each user 1 TB of personal storage that can be accessed from anywhere and sync with a PC. This allows users to easily share their files internally and externally and control who sees and edits them.