MEDICAL BILLING & CODING (MBC)
Medical billing is a payment practice within the United States health system. The process involves a healthcare provider submitting, and following up on, claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services rendered, such as treatments and investigations. The same process is used for most insurance companies, whether they are private companies or government sponsored programs Learn everything you need to know to start a new career as a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist. Your training will include overviews of diagnostic and procedural coding, common claims forms, medical terminology, and important legal & ethical issue for healthcare professionals.
Having this course, you can be subjected to many fields like medical biller & coder, a good CSR or Medical billing regulations are complex and often change. Keeping your staff up to date with the latest billing rules can be difficult and time-consuming, which often leads to errors. Another main objective for a medical billing service is to use its expertise and coding knowledge to maximize insurance payments.
Who Should Attend?
Students how are graduated, having good spoken English, and their communications are well groomed can attend this course. Especially those students who want to do master’s degree but due to limited resources and short time he/she can do this medical billing in order to support them financially. A minimum criterion for this course is graduation (in any field) and having good and fluent English skills.
- Introduction to Health Insurance
- Anatomy, Physiology and Terminology
- Medical Laws and Ethics, Medical Office Skills
- The Insurance Claims Process
- ICD-9/10-CM Coding, CPT Coding
- Medical Documentation, Filing Commercial Claims
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid
- TRICARE, Workers Compensation
- Delinquent Claims & Insurance Problem Solving
- Computerized Billing, Career Development