Gain a clear understanding of IS management issues including risk management, security standards, legislation and business continuity.
Who is it for?
Anyone with an interest in information security, whether as a career or for general business knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements however, the candidate should have basic working IT knowledge and an awareness of the issues involved with the security control activities.
It’s recommended that candidates read the BCS course approved reference book Information Security Management Principles, as well as attend training with a BCS accredited training course.
What will I learn?
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management.
- Understanding of current national legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management.
- Awareness of current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security.
- Understanding of the current business and common technical environments in which information security management must operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.