Business intelligence (BI) is a technology-driven process for analyzing data and presenting actionable information to help executives, managers and other corporate end users make informed business decisions. Business Intelligence is a technology that is used to gather, store, access and analyzes data to help business users in making better decisions
Who Should Attend?
Students who want to develop skills in communication literacy, critical thinking, analysis, reasoning and interpretation, which are crucial for gaining employment and developing academic competence can join this course
On successful completion of course, students will be able to appreciate the importance of business intelligence in terms of optimizing decision-making and performance. By exploring the tools, techniques and systems that support business intelligence students will have an awareness of the role and contribution that these technologies and methodologies have and their importance to organizations
1. Discuss business processes and the mechanisms used to support business decision-making
- Examine, using examples, the terms ‘Business Process’ and ‘Supporting Processes’.
2. Compare the tools and technologies associated with business intelligence functionality
- Compare the types of support available for business decision-making at varying levels within an organization.
3. Demonstrate the use of business intelligence tools and technologies
- Determine, with examples, what business intelligence is and the tools and techniques associated with it.
- Design a business intelligence tool, application or interface that can perform a specific task to support problem-solving or decision-making at an advanced level
4. Discuss the impact of business intelligence tools and technologies for effective decision-making purposes and the legal/regulatory context in which they are used
- Discuss how business intelligence tools can contribute to effective decision-making.
- Explore the legal issues involved in the secure exploitation of business intelligence tools