This program will help you obtain the basic office skills necessary to perform professionally and efficiently the daily tasks required of a front desk management in any organization.
Who Should Attend?
Learners who want to gain skills in front desk management or reception management can make use of this course to learn professional skills
This course introduces students to the Lodging Operations Front Office. Topics include reservations, front desk, guest services and human resource deployment issues specific to front office operations management. This course familiarizes students with the principles of front desk operational procedures; examines current trends in guest services; discusses online distribution of room inventory; and introduces students to the principles of revenue management strategies. Students work with a Property Management Software to become familiar with computerized reservations, arrival and charge posting systems
- Departmental organization, roles, responsibilities and task lists
- Current trends in guest services
- Rating Systems
- Rate structures, packaging, quoting and up selling strategies
- Forecasting and statistical analysis
- Procedures and equipment used by the front office through the guest cycle
a) Individual and Group Reservations
b) Guest Arrival
c) Charge Posting
d) Night Audit
e) Guest Departure
f) Cash Handling
g) Billing Credit
h) Guest History
- Property management systems related to managing the front desk
- Terminology and basic concepts related to front desk operation
- The function of all the departments in a hotel and the important role of the front desk in their coordination
- Accounting procedures and controls in the front office
- Revenue Management
- Traditional distribution channels, online distribution of inventory and e-commerce applications.