Knowing how to determine if food is safe and how to keep food safe will help reduce the risk of foodborne illness and minimize the potential loss of food. A food recall is a voluntary action by a manufacturer or distributor to protect the public from products that may cause health problems or possible death.
Who Should Attend?
Students who want to pursue their careers in hospitality or want to create hygiene kitchen and eating can select this course
In this course learners will develop the underpinning skills, knowledge and understanding required to work in the hospitality industry.
1. Food Safety in Catering
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe
2. Principles of Food Safety Management In Catering
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the operational requirements needed to ensure food safety
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures
- Understand the controls required for food safety
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures