Professional bakers make bread, rolls, cakes, pies, cookies and other baked goods for commercial bakeries, restaurants, stores, schools and other businesses. Professional bakers with several years of experience typically work autonomously or supervise others.
Who Should Attend?
Students who want to pursue their careers in professional baking can select this course to learn professional skills of baking.
This qualification is designed for learners who are working in the baking industry. It offers learners the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge required to prove competence at work. It will also suit learners who are competent at core baking industry activities and are looking for ways of developing their existing skills and knowledge, perhaps to support multiskilling or increase productivity at work
- Divide, Mould and Shape Fermented Dough using Automated Processes
- Prove Dough Products Using Automated Processes
- Oven-Bake Dough Products Using Automated Processes
- Control Product Wrapping and Labelling Using Automated Processes
- Cool Oven-baked Dough Products Using Automated Processes
- Select, Weigh and Measure Bakery Ingredients
- Understand How to Select, Weigh and Measure Bakery Ingredients
- Prepare and Mix Dough
- Hand-Divide, Mould and Shape Fermented Dough
- Produce Laminated Pastry
- Oven-Bake Dough Products
- Fry Dough Products