This course focuses on both the management of product quality and the management of the process quality for creating project deliverable. It provides exposure to the tools, techniques, and metrics used to ensure that sufficient product and process quality is achieved
Who Should Attend?
The aim of this unit is for learners to understand the stages involved in Quality Control and delivering quality management in their organizations and institutions
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality Management (TQM) as well as to provide them with the underlying principles and techniques of Total Quality Management (TQM) with emphasis on their application to organizations.
- Introduction to TQM.
- Basic concepts, definitions, basic principles of total quality management.
- Historical background of TQM.
- Advantages, Disadvantages, Opportunities, Threats for health organizations from the application of TQM.
- Quality Management Systems.
- Quality management standards.
- Management – improvement – standardization of procedures.
- Effectiveness-adaptability-efficiency processes.
- Standardisation procedures.