This diploma program will help students to apply the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of computer software.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for learners who want to excel there career in software engineering and want to develop their own software’s.
On completion of this unit the student should be able to identify program data requirements, specify abstract data types using a formal notation, translate into concrete data structures and be able to develop, using a programming paradigm, different sorting, searching and navigational algorithms that implement complex data structures and evaluate their effectiveness
1. Data Structures & Algorithms
- Examine abstract data types, concrete data structures and algorithms.
- Specify abstract data types and algorithms in a formal notation.
- Implement complex data structures and algorithms.
- Assess the effectiveness of data structures and algorithms.
2. Discrete Math’s
- Examine set theory and functions applicable to software engineering.
- Analyze mathematical structures of objects using graph theory.
- Investigate solutions to problem situations using the application of Boolean algebra.
- Explore applicable concepts within abstract algebra.
3. Advanced programming
- Examine the key components related to the object-orientated programming paradigm, analyzing design pattern types.
- Design a series of UML class diagrams.
- Implement code applying design patterns.
- Investigate scenarios with respect to design patterns.