NICON Group of Colleges is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity and aims to provide a working, learning, assessment and social environment that are free from unfair discrimination. NICON has been and will continue to observe advance equality of opportunity for all current and potential students, staff and its other stakeholders. It will not discriminate unfairly on the basis of gender, gender reassignment, disability, race, ethnic or national origin, age, sexual orientation, socio economic background, religion and belief, political beliefs, family circumstances including marriage and civil partnership etc.
Further Aims Reflecting the Equality Public Duties:
The Policy Seeks To:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimization in relation to the characteristics highlighted within the policy statement
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share a characteristic and those who do not.
2. The following corporate Equality Objectives have been derived from the declared beliefs and values of the NICON Group of Colleges as articulated in the
NICON’s Mission Statement.
NICON is passionate about achieving equality of opportunity for all its students, staff and other stakeholders and will do so by identifying measurable Equality Objectives and working closely with individuals and groups identified within the Equalities governance structures.
- NICON values and supports the significant economic, intellectual, contributions our diverse staff and student can make internationally, and recognizes the role it plays in ensuring that our staff and student are aware of equalities within their work.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
- NICON seeks to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- The NICON will advance equality of opportunity, equal participation and harmonious relations for its diverse student and staff body in all its functions including in its role as a provider of higher education and an employer.
- NICON will make reasonable adjustments and promote equality of opportunity for all to ensure that we provide first rate teaching and research environment.
NICON values the positive contributions individuals and groups can make in advancing equalities for all, and is committed to listening and learning from the diverse range of people who have a relationship with NICON.